Aloha, and welcome back to school for another school year. We are excited to see all students back at school. Counselors are available daily to help students, parents, and teachers. We provide different services to support students throughout the school year, such as classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, individual counseling, and support to parents and teachers. Counselors are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. unless we are off campus attending a training. Feel free to call us at 727-4776 (Pre-K - 2nd) or 727-4778 (3rd-5th) or email us to set up an appointment.
Kahului Counselors for the 2017-2018 School Year:
Randall Burgess Pre-K through 2nd Grade Counselor (PH 727-4776) (Email randall.burgess@notes.K12.hi.us )
April Ferris 3rd-5th Grade Counselor (PH 727-4778) (Email email@example.com )
Tips for Starting Off the School Year Successfully!
- Get a good night’s rest and wake up early- Setting a regular bedtime and wake-up time will help cut down on stress and is crucial to prepare your child for success.
- Talk to your child about why school is important- The more you show how much you value education, the more your child will see the importance of making school a priority.
- Have a stress-free morning- Have your child set out their clothes, pack their lunch, and prepare their backpack the night before, so that mornings are less stressful. Giving your child small things to be responsible for now will help him or her become more independent!
- Set a regular time/place for completing homework – Have a scheduled time and place for your child to complete his/her homework. Helping your child with homework is a great way to show interest in what he or she is learning at school.
- Communication is key – Talk to your child’s teacher to make him or her aware of any changes that may be happening at home. The teacher can also alert you to anything that may be happening with your child at school.
We look forward to having a successful school year! Sincerely, The Counselors